Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Book Sale

One of my responsibilities is running our library online bookstore. I receive all discarded books as well as those donations not entering the collection and then place them in our online bookstore. Each book before it is listed must be graded, researched for pricing and demand, and then uploaded.

We have had a bumper crop of discards and donations this past year and my office is swamped with discards. There were so many carts in my office that I had trouble maneuvering around them. What to do? Have a book sale of course.

Today was the sale and I hauled out to our foyer, six carts loaded on both sides. I priced everything to go at either 25 cents each of 5 for  a $1.00. The sale ends in 15 minutes and I am glad to report that I have had a steady stream of customers browsing and buying all day. It was so successful, I plan on having another sale in October when the students are back on campus.

What do you do with your discards and unwanted donations? Are you under any restrictions as to selling them?






No comments: