Saturday, November 6, 2010

I'm Going to go "Cold Sheep"!

You know that nursery rhyme, "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep, have you any wool"?  Well, my answer is definitely MORE than three bags full.  My stash has grown to encompass eight plastic totes and a cedar chest full of sock yarn.  I'd hang my head in shame but I've honestly loved making each and every purchase and can't think of anything more fun than spending an afternoon browsing my LYS fondling all the skeins while deciding what to bring home to my stash.  Once home, I continue to hold it, photograph it, dream about what I'll make with it, and finally lovingly place it in my stash.  I think I'm becoming like the dragons of yore who guarded their treasure.
  
I admit to being a fiber snob (no acrylic in my hoard) and a stash junkie and to that end I've decided to go "cold sheep".  I've decided that for the next six months I won't purchase anything new and only knit from my stash.  Now this doesn't mean I won't accept gifts of yarn from my traveling husband or trades, I mean after all a knitter has only so much resolve, but I will not add anything new no matter how tempting a sale.  I realize six months isn't long in the grand scheme of time but to a stashaholic it will seem an eternity.

The bright side to my going "cold sheep" is that I will have time to organize my stash and plan projects for what I already have and dream of what I will buy when my six months is up.  After all, if all goes as planned I will have room for more!

1 comment:

jodi said...

This post makes me smile. I have some yarn but lots of fabric that I like to look at, dream about and smell. Something about the smell of fabric when it comes off the bolt that is comforting.