Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Old Friends and New Friends

Yesterday I got to thinking about an old friend of mine and sent her an email. Fran and I have known each other since 4th grade. Her youngest is graduating from high school this weekend and mine are in college. There are old friendships that stand the test of time. This is one. You know what I mean. You might not stay in touch as often as you like and you move away (me), but you just pick up the threads of friendship as if you were never apart. My new knitting friends are like that also. Treasure your friends, both old and new, I know I do.

You might have noticed the beautiful orchid on this post. Growing orchids is another passion of mine. Last year we added a sunroom onto our house and I have it filled with over 50 plants. Most of them are orchids in various stages of growth. I have a small table for 2 in the room also and this is where I love to sit, read, drink coffee, and knit. Currently I have 6 orchids in bloom and this is one of them. The exciting thing is that I am managing to re-bloom several of them which I never managed to do before the sunroom.

I took my first psychology test last night and I got an 88. I'll take it! I've found that going back to school as an adult learner while working full-time is a challenge. I'm trying to finish up my bachelor degree so I can go on an earn my MLS (Masters in Library Science). Books are another passion in my life. I've found that I can combine both knitting and reading by listening to an audio book in my beautiful sunroom. Does it get any better than this? My christening afghan is coming right along and I'm a few short rows away from completing the back to my sweater. The afghan is definitely going to be bigger than planned. I think it will probably fit a youth bed!

No comments: